Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ready for Baby!

Baby Grant is due January 27th, which means he could be here any day!  Daniel says he is good where he is at, but I am very ready to hold him in my arms instead of in my belly.  :D
These are the cupcakes my mother made for the baby shower- yup, she is amazing.  Thanks Shaleece, Mom, and Brea for the shower!  It was great to see everyone and got me even more excited to have our little boy here.
Yesterday Daniel and I ordered & bought our cloth diapers.  Yup- we are going cloth.  Many people think we are crazy, or going green, but really we are just cheap.  :D  We bought all the cloth diapers we will need for our child for under $130! These are the 6 we brought home.  Aren't they adorable?   The white snaps you see on them make them adjustable so that the baby wears the same diaper from 8-35 lbs!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Carlie said...

Leadawn! I'm glad to see i'm not the only one pinching pennies! Cloth diapering isnt as bad as it seems.....sometimes. What brand did you buy?

LeaDawn said...

We bought KaWaii Baby. All of my friends that use cloth have Fuzi Bunz and love them- but the KaWaii were so much cheaper I decided to give it a try! So you use cloth? What brand?

Carlie said...

We use bum genius. (They were on clearance!) We only have 6 outer shells so we line hem with traditional cloth diapers instead of the microfiber inserts. That way we can get a lot more use out of one shell.Good luck! im so excited for your baby!

kyle, emily, grace and ava said...

YEY! We love cloth diapers! We use fuzzibuns too and have saved a TON of money AND a ton of landfill space too :) yey for being green AND frugal! I'm proud of you! I'm sure you've already heard this from others, but we used disposables the first like month or so, just bc they go through SO many diapers, I was kind of overwhelmed with a new baby and all the laundry that the diapers came with. And we lived in the apt that had no washer and dryer! ah! so, just a note of advice. you totally rock. can't wait to meet the little guy!

LeaDawn said...

Thanks Emily. :D We are very excited. We have disposables that we plan to use for the first month or so. Hopefully that will give us some time to figure out the whole baby thing before we dive into the cloth diaper part. :D

Tyler and Neihlee said...

Congratulations LeaDawn and Daniel! I didn't know that you were expecting! Boys are a blast! I am proud of you to do the cloth diaper thing, I tried and it wasn't for me!!! Glad to see you are doing well, good luck on your delivery!